An out-of-bounds area. A bounding line may be drawn if there is no natural boundary, as follows:
• A solid line indicates that the boundary is marked continuously (tapes,
etc.) in the terrain.
• A dashed line indicates intermittent marking in the terrain.
• No line indicates no marking in the terrain.
An out-of-bounds area shall not be entered.
Minimum width: 3 mm.
Minimum area: 3 mm x 3 mm (footprint 45 m x 45 m).
Colour: purple (upper purple).
The definition of this map symbol was updated on 23.01.2022:
- change of line width of cross hatch: 0.25 –> 0.2 mm;
- change of gap of cross hatch: 0.8 –> 1.2 mm;
- change of minimum sizes.
The definition of this map symbol was updated on 20.01.2020: Precise definition of colour: upper and lower purple.